Wednesday, February 25, 2009

14 weeks

According to babycenter, baby is the size of a Lemon now. He has finger prints. Apparently the finger prints are made by waving his little arms through the amniotic fluid and causing ripples on the fingers. That's why no ones are the same. My little baby has fingerprints!!
I haven't weighed myself in a while, but last I checked I was up 6-7 pounds. I'm still hungry all.the.time!!!! I have been plagued with horrific headaches. For about a week and a half now, I have had very sharp pains just behind my left temple that hurts when I move, change elevation (from sitting to standing or laying to sitting/standing). I didn't want to call the nurse because of my own reasons, but it has started waking me up at night from the pain. And that is annoying. Anyway, the nurse told me today that if Tylenol and caffeine isn't helping then I need to see my primary care doctor or go to the ER. WHAT? I am NOT going to the ER for a headache. I might have to see my primary care doc soon for another reason and if so, I will run it by her. But I'm probably not going in unless it gets worse. Other than that I've been doing ok. The fatigue hasn't worn off. I fall asleep on the couch almost every night after work. I worry about the nights I have other stuff to do...how will I stay awake!!
Overall things are going well and I'm so excited that things are moving right along. Three weeks til our next appointment!!

P.S. If any of you out there have tips for headaches...I'm open to anything!!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am so sorry that you are not feeling so bad. I had the same trouble with head aches but mine were in the back base of the skull. I will tell you though, the best thing for me was to lie down in the dark with my head elevated. DH would warm my rice pack up.... wait let me tell you.... Get on of your DHs old tall socks (clean of course) and fill it with rice. (cheap) tie a knot at the top of the sock and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. squish around and if it is not warm enough, heat for another minute. Make sure you are using the high thick cotton socks. If you have to buy some, just get the cheap ones. This pack can be heated over and over and is great to mold to where it hurts.

I really hope it works for you. Take care of yourself