Monday, February 2, 2009

1st appointment

Well our first appointment with the doctor was today.  I didn't really know what to expect, all offices are different.  I peed in my personal pee cup this morning (seriously?  I can't just pee when I get there. I have to pee in a cup first thing in the morning and then cart it around all day til my appointment.)  They weigh me....yikes!  And take my blood pressure, which is fine.  The doctor comes in and wants to try to find the heartbeat. He said at this stage there's a 50/50 chance we will hear it.  I'm so hoping at this point that we're on the positive side of that 50!  But alas, after 2-3 minutes he didn't hear it.   He said not to worry, it's still early.  But if I was really concerned and because of my history, he would let me get an ultrasound if I wanted.  But I wanted to be level headed about this, so I declined. He did the pap and breast exam.  And then the internal exam.  Not pleasant, but he said that everything is the size it should be for 10 1/2 weeks.  I haven't had any cramping or bleeding, so no need to worry. And he's letting me come back in 2 weeks for another appointment.  So for now I'm not going to worry about it.  I am not going to 'announce' it on face.book like I was planning on, but I have plenty of time for that.  Hopefully these next 2 weeks go fast!  I'm going to Orlando next week for a few days so that will probably help it go fast!  But between now and then I'll be praying for a healthy, growing baby!!!

No comments: