Wednesday, February 11, 2009

12 weeks

3 months...I honestly never thought I'd get here. But here we are, with no reason to think anything is going wrong. We have an appointment on Monday to try to hear the heartbeat again. And this time if we don't hear it I'm going to ask for an ultrasound. But for the time being...Leon is the size of a plum today. I'll have to check out some plums at the grocery store the next time we go. I've had a few changes...I'm not near as hungry as I was even 2 weeks ago. Before it seemed I couldn't get enough food. Now I am basically eating 3 meals and one or two snacks....depending on bed time. I'm still tired, but now it comes and goes. I have nights that I can actually stay up til 10! I have been having some issues with lunch time. It seems every afternoon I get horrible stomach pains. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat. I hope that goes away soon. I am feeling thicker. Not showing by any means, but just feel fat. I wasn't exactly thin to begin with, so that isn't helping. I haven't gotten on the scale in several days, but the last time I checked I had only gained 4-5 pounds. I'm trying not to worry about it. And reading these 'mommy surveys' on Facebook are helping...seeing that other people gain 50 pounds make me feel a little less worried about it. And I guess until the Dr. says anything about it, I'll try to put it out of my head. Other than that, feeling about the same.

I'm headed to Orlando for a few days. Looking forward to getting my feet in some sandals! Even though we have had unseasonably warm weather here, it will be nice to go somewhere really warm. Even if it is for work and we'll be in meetings most of the time. I think we have time Saturday to do something fun...maybe sit by the pool!

Monday was Deans 39th birthday...he's getting up there:-) As like to remind him on a regular basis! His parents were supposed to be out of town but came back early and called Sunday night to see if we could come over. I had already planned and bought a nice dinner to make and ordered a small cake for us. So I wasn't too happy about putting off our plans. But we hadn't seen them since Dean told them about the baby, so I figured it wouldn't hurt. Well we get there and of course his mom makes a big deal about his age and how old he is and blahblahblah...But not ONE word about the baby. So I figure I'll wait a little bit and see if maybe they had something for us and they were waiting to say anything. So I don't say anything and wait. Nope, we were there for over 2 hours and not ONE word about the baby, pregnancy, being grandparents, nothing. I knew something would happen, but I didn't expect it to be nothing. We got in the car and it took everything in my power to not cry. I can't say anything to Dean because it's not like he can change them. And I know he felt bad too. I just said that Leon had his feelings hurt because they didn't ask about him. And he asked if next year we can do something with just us, that I'm the only one he wants to see anyway. Poor guy. His parents seriously act like they just crawled out from under a rock. I hope this means they won't have any part of the planning, buying or getting ready for the baby. And I hope this means they won't be having a big part in his upbringing. I can tell you, he won't be left in their care without me around. Their house is disgusting and I don't trust his dad. My parents can do it or we'll get a babysitter if we need to. I don't think about them much, but when I do it just upsets me. My dad thinks they'll change after the baby gets here. Be more involved and excited. But obviously that won't happen after our exchanges this week. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I just hope I don't have to see them again for a while.
Sorry for the long post...but that's what's going on now! Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

YAY!!! Congrats on making it to 12 weeks!~How Awesome! And wow you were really going at it today with the "he" and "him" :) Maybe you should order one of those early detection gender tests, so we can know for sure if the baby is actually a Leon :) I guess we will know in 8 short weeks!!!!!!!!!!!