Tuesday, March 10, 2009

An 'off' day

Do you ever just have an 'off' day? I'm having one today. I went to bed sort of crabby (mostly because I ate too much for dinner so I didn't feel good). So it was my fault. Then I woke up at like 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. It's raining and gloomy, a perfect day to be at home in bed! And these crazies I work with are making it hard to get anything done. I'm sick of everyone around here acting like we're in the 6th grade. There's only 3 of us that work full time. We're all grown adults (although that's tough to tell sometimes). Anyway, the short version of the story is, the part time girl made a mistake. The one who found it, told me and this is how the rest of the discussion went:
Her: "Kelly keeps messing up the commissions on these policies"
Me: "What do you mean"
Her: "She is putting the wrong numbers in"
Me: "Have her fix them so she knows she's doing it wrong"
Her: "I'm afraid she'll mess it up more"
Me: "Well you have to tell her that she's making a mistake, or she'll keep doing it"
Her: blank stare
Me: "If she doesn't know it's wrong, she'll never fix it"
Her: Blank stare and she walks away
Me: Eye Roll

So I planned on bringing it up again in an hour or so, just to remind her to say something. Otherwise it will just keep getting done wrong. I think I have a point, if you think you're doing something right, why would you change or ask about it? Anyway, about 10 minutes later the other full time girl (even crazier than this one!) emails me this forward. It is from girl #1 saying that I don't like her, no one likes her, she's just a screw up. I personally thought I was very nice in our conversation. I wasn't mean or anything. Just stating facts. So she's all moping around here feeling sorry for herself. I'm already annoyed by previous encounters with said co-workers, so this just adds to the fire. I can't wait to go home. Sometimes I wish I could do my job at home. I actually don't mind WHAT I do, I mind WHO I do it with. If I worked in an office all day by myself, I really think I'd like that.

Anyway, enough of my pathetic rambling. At least I'll be 4 months tomorrow. I'm very excited about that. And our next appointment at the doctor is a week from today. Now just to get through today:-)

No comments: