Wednesday, March 18, 2009

17 Weeks

I can't believe another week has gone by. Another week closer to the ultrasound! The appointment yesterday was good. They were really busy and the office seemed FULL of pregnant women. I mean visibly, about to pop, pregnant! It made me feel like a bit of an impostor. I have been wearing maternity shirts this week and I don't do them justice! But I'm sure that baby will pop out before too long. We had a different nurse and a different doctor. I am anxious to meet everyone in the practice. The nurse took the weight, bp and pee test. Asked if we were finding out the sex and refilled my vitamin prescription (why don't they give you enough to make it through the entire pregnancy is beyond me!) Then the dr came in, measured my belly (said it measured ok) and checked the baby's heartbeat. She found it right away and it was loud and steady! She said it was at 152 bpm. A little lower than it has been but still healthy. Although it's not an exact science. She counts the beats as she watches the second hand on her watch. She answered my questions and was very matter of fact about all of them. Apparently all my issues are normal. We have our appointment for the ultrasound on the 14th but they told me that there were no doctors available that morning for an appointment. She proceeded to look through the other doctors schedules that day and found one that had time and told me to inform the scheduler that I was to see him that day and if there was a problem to call her. Sweet! So now we have both appointments on 1 day. Which makes it easier on us! I can't wait. I'm so excited. My mom feels like she'll be waiting at the starting line and when I call her she can rush out and buy something either pink or blue! And my grandma is super excited too. I want it to be a cute surprise for someone, so I've decided to call a florist out in her area and deliver a small vase of either pink or blue flowers. I think she'd really get a kick out of it. I think she wants so badly to be involved in this with me. And being a whole country away makes that difficult! But I try to call her and give her the updates. She likes that.
So anyway, things are good here. I forgot to take the 'belly shot' this morning so I'll do it tomorrow morning. There still doesn't appear to be much, but it's getting bigger. Dean says it looks like a beer gut (isn't he nice). But someday I'll hopefully look pregnant and not just fat:-) So now the wait begins....April 14th please get here quick!

No comments: