Thursday, March 5, 2009

15 weeks

I'm a day late, but it's been a busy week.  I went to Detroit with my mom to check out her chemo treatment over here. She's been coming since September but I haven't come yet.   It's at a HUGE medical center attached to all the other huge hospitals downtown.  We are staying at a cute B&B and have had a nice time.  This day has been pretty dull.  We got here at 10 and she didn't start getting treatment til 2:30.  They have to do all this other stuff first before they can mix the drugs (which then takes about an hour) but the good thing is, this study and others they've done on this drug are showing signs of improvement.   She'll be on the study for 1 year and then after that there's a 'compassionate care' law that says if it's working for her she can stay on it even if the FDA doesn't approve it yet.  But it sounds like they're moving forward to approve it!  And when she can take it on her own (not on the study) her regular doctor can monkey with the doses and maybe it won't make her feel as bad.  
Anyway, 15 weeks.  Leon is the size of a naval orange.  Seems big to me!  I am not really showing, but feeling a little pudgy.  I have some great non maternity-maternity pants (as I call them) that are fabulous.  Think yoga pants.  They are so comfy.  Jeans are not really my friend anymore. I have a few pair of pants that I need to go get hemmed that will also be comfy, maybe next week when I get back.  Our next appointment is March 17th.  Less than 2 weeks away. Can't wait to hear the little heartbeat again!!  
Other than that, things are good.  My headaches are still around, but not as bad.  Not feeling quite as tired which is nice.  Now if that 2nd tri se.x drive would kick in, I'm sure my husband would appreciate it!  (just what you all wanted to know about, sorry!)  I'm happy to be having what one of the nurses here today called a text book pregnancy!  

No comments: