Wednesday, November 25, 2009

3 months old

I cannot believe 3 months is gone. I know I say this every week/month but seriously...it is flying by. And now that the holidays are here...these next few weeks will probably go even faster.

Updates on the babe...he's growing like crazy. He seems to get longer everyday! He's officially grown out of some of his 0-3 months clothes but still a little small for his 3-6 month size. So he may look like a rag-a-muffin for a few weeks. He's still eating about every 2-2.5 hours. I'm pumping at work and he's getting 3-3.5 oz at a time in the bottle. He's sleeping through the night about 12 hours (give or take some days). Nap time still needs some work. He doesn't usually nap for more than 30-40 minutes 2-3 times a day and so the evening is no fun for everyone. He cries because he's tired but we are trying to keep bedtime around the same time each night for the sake of our own sanity. But he's been going to sleep much easier (because he's exhausted). So we will work on nap time. Pumping is going pretty well. My supply seems fine (thankfully) and he seems to tolerate whatever I'm eating. Overall he's a healthy growing boy and that's all we can ask for!

So three months after giving birth I am feeling pretty much back to normal. I still have 8-9 pounds of baby weight to lose (and then another 10 infertility pounds after that!) But I haven't been too diligent about my diet and working out. I keep telling myself I'm going to, it lasts for a week and then I fall off the wagon. Sex still isn't too fun. I think mostly because I'm too tired to care. And I'm nervous about getting pregnant again (who'd have thought I'd ever be nervous about that!) Mentally I'm feeling good. I have bad days here and there but nothing to be worried about. I think it's been a pretty easy road so far but I don't want to jinx anything. It could turn around at any time. And I'm sure our next baby will not be this easy!!

We're headed to Dean's aunts house tomorrow for Thanksgiving. There will be 24 people there which is way too big for my taste. My family is small, we never had a big holiday dinner so it's quite overwhelming for me. My parents are going to a friends nearby so I may try to escape with Patrick for a little bit to go see them. Their friends haven't met him yet, so that will be fun. Better get back to my baking.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! We have so much to be thankful for in this house....

No comments: