Wednesday, November 4, 2009

First Day Back

To work that is...not so fun. I had a very tough day yesterday just preparing for this. I really didn't want to leave Patrick. And I am not a huge fan of my job anyway which makes it that much harder! But it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm only working part time, and a half day actually goes by pretty quick. It's usually the afternoon that drags on anyway. There were just a few tears this morning before I left. But after that we were good. And Patrick isn't up before I leave anyway. I feel like that makes it easier. It would be so hard to leave if he were crying or needed me right then. So I hope he can continue to sleep til 8 or later!

I was worried about the crazies that I work with...I knew they'd pull something...I just didn't know what. The craziest of them didn't speak to me. Barely said hello, didn't say welcome back, didn't ask about Patrick or how we were doing. Ok, great. So I just went on with my business. I keep telling myself that I'm doing this for me...no one else. I'm done doing things to please other people. I'm doing things to please myself and my family. So I'm basically doing everything in my power to ignore her. I was also worried about pumping. We don't have a secluded place for such activities so I had to do it in the bathroom. Sort of gross but I'm not giving up nursing just because I have to go back to work. So I brought a chair in from home and there's a small table in there already. It was fairly boring, but went quickly and was uneventful. Thankfully no one asked me about it....yeah, the crazies are WAY too personal! And if anyone says anything about it, I'll just point out that it is my right to pump. I don't know how I would do it if I worked all day. I think it would be a lot more stressful and difficult. Kudos to those women out there who do!

So now I'm home with my happy, smiling baby (well, he's actually napping right now!). I couldn't be happier when I'm with him. I will have to remind myself of that everyday when the alarm goes off. And I am glad I started on Wednesday so the weekend is only 2 days away. And Thanksgiving is 3 weeks from tomorrow....YIKES! How'd we let that sneak up on us. But it's a short week and we'll be happy for that!

Now time for me to rest. Getting up early and being forced to think all morning is going to take some getting used to!

No comments: