Tuesday, December 1, 2009

14 weeks old

Yet another Tuesday is upon us and my sweet boy is 14 weeks old. I'm a little biased but I swear he gets cuter every day!! We've been working on the bedtime routine. He's been pretty good about going to sleep and staying asleep. Although last night he wanted to party at 3am and the night before he wouldn't settle down until 11:30. But I'm hoping that is a fluke and he'll go back to his good sleeping habits tonight. It's HARD to get up and go to work when I'm exhausted!! I don't know how some moms do it!! I am lucky he's a good sleeper.

He's learned that he would rather be sitting up than laying down. And preferably sitting up on one of our laps. I'm working on putting him in his bumbo or swing rather than laying him down. And trying to avoid holding him ALL the time. Although it's tough because he's such a good cuddler! And I know someday he won't want me to cuddle him.

Dean weighed him on the Wii fit plus today and it gave the same weight as his 2 month appointment (11 1/2 pounds). I initially was worried but am telling myself that it's a different scale and the boy eats enough!! Still every 2 hours or so.

I've been having some feelings of doubt or fear that I'm not doing everything I should be for him. I think I read too much and listened to too much advice and now it's all backfiring on me. I worry about his bedtime routine, sleeping through the night, eating - how often and how much. I think I inherited my grandmas worry gene!!

But despite all that he is growing and healthy. Couldn't ask for anything better!

No comments: