Tuesday, December 8, 2009

15 weeks old

As I sit here typing, my sweet 15 week old boy is upstairs in dreamland. He went through a spurt of not sleeping last week but that seems to be behind us now. He's back to his old habits. It's been a big week for Patrick. His first snowfall (YUCK!). I hate the snow, but love thinking of years from now when he will be so anxious for snow to go out and play.

He's growing like a week. Most all of his 0-3 month clothes are too short. I measured him the other day at 23 1/2 inches. He doesn't seem to be gaining any/much weight, so he looks thin to me. But he'll fill out. He is grabbing at his toys more and more. And when he touches one he laughs like it's the funniest thing on the earth. He is definitely developing lap colic. He HATES to be put down. I suppose because we love holding and cuddling him so much!! He has started stretching out his feedings to closer to 2 1/2 hours apart, which is nice for me. We are all decorated and ready for Christmas. I still have some shopping to do for the little guy but not much. We won't be going overboard since he's only 4 months old!! I plan on only getting stuff we actually need anyway.

And just to keep me on my toes...I started my first postpartum period today. Fun huh? Maybe that will explain my moodiness and lack luster attitude these days. Having so meting to blame it on just makes me feel better, even if it's not the reason! Maybe once this passes I can start to feel better mentally...we'll see. If not, I may be heading to the doctor. But for now I'm heading to bed and hoping that this snow will stop overnight so I can drive to work without freaking out!!! A girl can dream right??

No comments: