Thursday, December 3, 2009

Goodbye Rags

It was a sad day in our family yesterday. My mom had to put our family dog Rags down. As anyone with pets knows, this is hard on anyone. My poor mom was a wreck. She was sick from chemo and then made this decision. I felt so sorry for her. But poor Rags wasn't doing well and has been declining for weeks. My parents have always been fair to their/our animals and not prolonging life when the quality wasn't there. It's still sad. And I know she had a hard time today too. Constantly looking on the bed where she slept most of the day. Waiting for her to come to the dishwasher after dinner. And I'm sure the bed feels a little bigger without her there during the night. She was a good dog and a great pet. And now she's in doggy heaven chasing deer and rabbits to her hearts content!

2 comments:

osuraj said...

Ugh, losing a pet is the worst. I'm so sorry for your mom and your family that loved Rags!

Logically Jane said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is having to make that decision.
But yes, now he's in doggie heaven :)