Saturday, August 8, 2009

Appointments and parties

We had our weekly appointment yesterday. Everything seemed just fine. They keep telling me that 'next week' we'll be starting the internals....but apparently they aren't. According to the nurse they for sure will be doing it at 38 weeks (i.e. next week). So another week of reprieve! I'm actually kind of glad because I would hate to have heard I was 1 cm or even less because I would have worried about it all week! So now I just have to wait and see what next week brings.

Stats were all fine. My BP was fine, weight was up 2 pounds, but not on my scale at home. Still not worried about weight. Babies HB was 148, sounded great! Measuring right on schedule. Head still down. No questions, issues or anything...it was a quick appointment.

Work was busy last week and it's getting harder and harder to sit all day long. I'm thinking of starting to leave a little early next week. It might help me feel like I have more time to get stuff done and not feel quite so tired by the time I get home. We'll see how next week feels. I already have to leave early on Thursday for the appointment and I'm taking a half day Friday. So we'll see. I also need to firm up plans for when I come back with my dad and then 'announce' it to the rest of the office. I don't know why I'm nervous about it. I'm doing what is best for me and my new family and really don't care what they think. Just don't feel like dealing with the drama.

Last night Dean's aunt invited us to come to her house to visit with her kids and grand kids that were in town from Canada. We weren't able to go to the entire family reunion last week because travel isn't too fun anymore. But I wasn't aware that basically the entire family was coming! So there wasn't a lot of visiting going on with Dean's cousins, but it was fun. We had dinner, talked about the baby, caught up a little. Overall it was nice. His mother was there, which is always an experience. She was for the most part behaved, but still says such inappropriate things. I'm learning to deal with it, but it's still frustrating. And now she's decided she's going to give me advice on the baby. Basically I don't want to hear it. She hasn't given the baby the time of day yet, why should I start listening to her now?? Ugh...whatever. The rest of the family was nice!

And today I have big plans for myself. Cleaning, laundry (mine and baby's!), errands, shopping and hopefully have enough energy to make dinner! I guess I'd better get moving! Although the rain we're getting (which is much needed!) is making it hard to be motivated. If the rain continues, I might take a nap later!!

Oh and just because I can't help myself...the ticker is down to 18 days:-)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am on pins and needles for you right now. I am so excited to see this long hard journey coming closely to a close with a beautiful baby in your arms. I have to apologize for not sending the gift for the baby. It is sitting at the front door but with another trip to the hospital for several days, I am out of sorts. Promise to get it there this week. I pray for you daily honey.