Friday, August 14, 2009

38 weeks and appointments

We had our 38 week appointment. They were running WAY late so we had a different doctor than I expected, which is fine. They had a really hard time finding the heartbeat but she thinks it's because he's laying with his back to my back. I hope he turns around before he comes out!!! But she finally got it and it's at a healthy 160. BP was fine. Weight is fine. I had my first internal check. It wasn't that bad (it wasn't that fun either) but I'm not dilated or anything....boo. So no baby anytime soon. She did say that it could happen anytime and when it does start it could go quickly. But I'm not so hopeful. We go back next Thursday. I'm hoping for a little change!!

Leaving work at 3 or 3:30 has been a huge help! I feel much better by the end of the week, and the days seem to go by much faster! I'm actually leaving at noon today to have lunch with some friends and a massage later! So looking forward to it. And I have big plans for myself this weekend. Cleaning the house and maybe even cleaning out my car! I hope I can get some motivation to get it all done. I have no other plans, so I have no excuse!!

And of course I have to keep thinking happy baby thoughts and maybe he'll start listening to me!!!

No comments: