Tuesday, August 11, 2009

And it continues....

The in-law saga that is. I swear every time I think these people can't do anything worse, they do. So they bought a farm in Indiana so they could have horses and be closer to the race tracks. They're into horse racing...not my thing, but whatever. They are buying horses like money grows on trees. They've been down there a lot over the last month, he was just there for over a week by himself. He came home for like 5 days and now they're going back. The newest horse is racing Sunday and they don't know when they're coming back. So if the baby comes while they're gone, his mom will probably come back but he won't....WHAT? He's not invited to the delivery room (neither is she for that matter) but still...he's not going to come back to see his first and maybe only grandchild?? I have been worrying/wondering about this now for a while. What they were going to do? How I was going to react? They basically don't give us the time of day unless it affects them somehow. They need us to do something for them or give them something or some holiday is coming up. They never call to see how we are, never call to see if we need anything from them. So I guess I should have seen this or something like it coming.

The worst part is I feel horrible for my husband. He's so excited about this baby. We worked so hard and went through a lot and now we're finally going to be a family. And his dad is being a total jerkface about it. And his mom is too for that matter. I can't be too upset in front of him, I don't want to make him feel worse. My parents are over the moon excited....can't wait, want to know all the details...everything. His parents don't even ask about any of it. I don't think his mom has even said she's excited about the whole process. Ugh, it just bothers me. And I feel so bad for him.

But I guess no reason to dwell on the negative. I know that we are still beyond excited and can't wait to meet our son. If they aren't, it's their loss. Only 15 days left!!! SO EXCITED!!!

No comments: