Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More waiting

Well, the u/s was today. After an hour wait to get into the room, the tech did an external u/s first. Sorta weird. Saw basically nothing so then moved onto the internal. It was only CD 12 so I knew it would be close if we could do the trigger and begin the baby making. Well, it wasn't close, the follicles (that's right, plural!!) were only 10-14mm. There were 3 on the left and 1 on the right. So I went up to the office to have them read the pictures and they decided I have to come back Friday for another check (i.e. more $$). The u/s tech for the office is on maternity leave so hopefully the next time I have to do this, she'll be back and it won't be such a pain. And the nurse said it's cheaper in their office than in the hospital outpatient testing. Not sure how that can be. Guess we'll see. I was initially really upset and bummed about the whole thing being delayed. But I realize now that I'll have a better chance at actually getting pregnant if I wait til Friday. The nurse was very helpful and made it very clear about why we had to re-do the study and how it will be good in the long run. She was very nice. So basically, not much to tell today except more waiting...I should be used to it by now! Hope Friday gets here quick!!

No comments: