Tuesday, March 2, 2010

6 Months Old

 So I'm a little late on this one....but the little guy is 6 months old. We are heading to his 6 month appt. tomorrow.  Here's the latest...
~ Sleep - still going well.  He naps 2-3 times a day for about 30 minutes each.  He's even been napping in his crib which is a step in the right direction.  Nightime sleep continues to go well.  He's even been going down a little earlier than normal.  And about 2 weeks ago started waking up between 6 and 6:30 instead of 8 or 8:30 (hence the 3 naps a day!)  But he wakes up happy so that's about all we can ask for.  Last Saturday he laid in his crib playing and singing for an hour!  No crying, no fussing, just playing. 
~ Eating - He's nursing/gets a bottle about 5 times a day. And gets a stage 2 fruit in the morning and veggie in the afternoon.  He still loves all the food we've tried so far.  Since he's been waking up earlier in the morning I haven't been pumping which has made it difficult to get much to freeze. I'm worried my supply is starting to drop but hopefully it's just a little bump. I will keep up with the water and try to eat a little better in hopes it can keep up.  He's still only getting around 6 oz in each bottle but he seems ok with that.  I plan on asking the doctor tomorrow what his recommendations are for increasing solids and moving onto finger foods.
~ Play - Patrick loves to play with his toys.  He would prefer if we were playing with him though.  He's finally decided he likes his exersaucer (for a limited amount of time). He can move it around and play with all the toys.  He still likes his playmat.  And he's has figured out he can pick up something that he wants.  He will stare at a toy so intensly until we bring him to it so he can pick it up.
Other noteworthy things ~
~ He loves to stand up. 
~ He is learning to sit up unassisted. He doesn't quite have it yet, but we're getting there
~ He's getting really good at grabbing at things (toys, glasses, hair, etc)
~ We went out to dinner the other night and he did great.  He isn't too happy to be left in his carseat anymore, so that makes for an interesting meal. But he was happy and did really well
~ He came to work with me yesterday for a while. Not something I would want to do on a regular basis, but it went ok.
~ The drool is back!  If the past is any indication, there may be some more teeth coming soon!
~ He is starting to develop some mommy separation anxiety. And as much as I think this is so sweet, it's also heartbreaking.  Now that he's awake when I leave for work, it makes it really hard when he's crying!!  But it's so sweet when I come home and he reaches for me! 

That's about all for the 6 month update.  I'm sure there is more but for right now that's all I can remember.  I'll try to update tomorrow after the appointment. Here's hoping for some good weight gain (we think there will be, we've been tracking it at home), easy shots and a happy baby! 

No comments: