Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The touch of a baby

There is nothing sweeter than the touch of a baby. Patrick has discovered our faces.  He loves to pat our noses, put his fingers on our lips and of course grab at glasses and hair.  He is learning with every touch, pull and grab.  Usually I set him straight.  Pull his hand away and say no pulling, no grabbing, no glasses.  But at night it's a different kind of touch.  We have our night time bottle, get ready for bed and say our good nights the same way everynight.  We head upstairs, turn off the light and sit in the rocking chair and cuddle up.  He cuddles his face into the crook of my arm and reaches up and lays his hand on my cheek almost as to say good night, I love you mom.  It brings tears to my eyes as he pulls his sweet hand back to his body, closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.  I love my boy.  More than words can express. 

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thank you for the nighttime tears...they are rolling down my cheeks this very second.
Oh that time flies...I know you've heard it a million times...remember it, treasure it...be happy that you've written about it here..
miss you friend. Can't wait to see you and that pure little bundle of joy again.