Monday, February 15, 2010

Illness, teeth and the last week

I have been wanting to update....but many things have kept me from it. 
First, illness.  Daddy came home with a cold from Orlando. I was diligent about washing hands, keeping everything clean, etc.etc., and of course just when I thought we were out of the woods...boom.  I get sick.  At first I thought it was just a cough, but it turned into a full blown cold.  Awful!  I wasn't sick the entire time I was pregnant with Patrick so I think I had it coming. I'm still stuffed up and coughing but I feel much better.  And despite all our efforts, Patrick is coughing and a little stuffy too. I'm hoping it doesn't develop into much more than that!
Teeth...we have 2!  Two cute little bottom teeth poking through.  They didn't seem to bother him much.  But on top of the cold, he was extra cuddly.  Any mommy loves that!  He's so cute. He throws his arms around us like he's giving a big bear hug. I know he doesn't really know what he's doing, but it's the sweetest thing in the world!  Being sick and having sore gums are no fun, but I'll take the extra cuddles anyday! 
So here we are at the start of a new week.  Looking down the barrel at March, and as everyone keeps reminding me, golf season.  And golf season means daddy goes back to work and Patrick goes to daycare.  I was ok going back to work when I knew he would be at home. But for some reason this is hitting me harder than I thought.  I think part of it is trying to figure out the logistics.  Dean doesn't have a set schedule.  So we need to decide if we are going to have me take him and pick him up everyday?  Which leaves no time for me to do anything before/after work (gym, grocery store, lunch etc) or to try to figure out if Dean can take him and I pick him up later.  Or just how it might work.  He keeps talking about sending him to daycare but everytime I bring it up to talk about how we're going to do it, he won't talk.  It's frustrating.  I don't know if I'm just supposed to figure it out on my own?  Or if he thinks that miraculously one of us is going to be able to stay home or what.  But it's frustrating.  Maybe I'll try the discussion again this week. 
I can see I need to update more...I feel bad having all this stuff in one post, but just one more thing...prayers.  I need some prayers for a few good friends going through a rough spot.  Two medical situations, one husband leaving for a year and a job issue.  I don't really feel it's my place to go into these in detail, but if you have any extra prayers...I know a few people who could use them right now.  I know my list is getting longer and those prayers are being said everyday! 

No comments: