Sunday, March 28, 2010

Finally 7 months

The last month flew by.  All of a sudden we're at the end of March, Dean's back at work and spring is right around the corner!  And Patrick is growing and learning everyday.  Here's what we're up to now!

~ Sitting up!  It has taken some practice but he's finally able to sit up on his own for short periods of time.  He does better when he has a toy or something to focus on.

~ He still loves standing up. He's even learning that if he pulls up on our hands he can go from laying to sitting to standing.

~ He has milk 5 times a day.  It varies based on what time he gets up but he has 2-3 bottles (5-6 oz) and then nurses the other 2-3 times.

~ We're starting to do solids/purees 3 times a day.  He still isn't interested in finger foods. Maybe in a few weeks.

~ He's finally into some of his 6 month sized clohes.  And I think ALL the 3 month sizes are too small.

~ Still only has 2 teeth

~ Loves reading, singing and watching us dance around for him.  He loves to laugh and smile. Usually only fusses when he's tired or when he wants attention.

His little personality is starting to shine through.  He's been going to work with Dean in the mornings and then I pick him up at noon.  So that gives us a few more opportunities to get out and do some things. He loves all the activity.  Loves looking at all the people, smiling and flirting with all the old ladies!  So cute.  Since it has all been going pretty well I decided that we should go shopping yesterday.  It had been a rough week so I thought a little retail therapy would be good.  My mom and I went to lunch, which went fine.  Shopping however not so much.  First there were no carts.  So I was carrying him which resulted in a leaking diaper. All over him and all over me.  So we went back to the car and I changed him. I decided it was best if I just gave up and we waited in the car for my mom. He fell asleep and actually took a good nap.  I was disappointed but I think this just teaches me that I need to go out more often so I can get better at it. Every time is a learning experience. So hopefully at some point I won't be so nervous taking him out!

Naptime is probably almost over so I'd better get busy doing a few things.  Both Patrick and I aren't feeling well today so it may not be that productive of a day. Oh well...hopefully this week we'll get everything done because we're having a surprise party for my mom on Saturday...wish me luck!  I'm nervous about it and not sure if I'll get it all done!!!

No comments: