Sunday, January 31, 2010

Single parenting

It's not what I thought it would be like. It's easier at the times I thought it would be the hardest. It's hardest at times I am not expecting it to be. Needless to say, I don't think I'm cut out for it and I can't wait until Tuesday! Patrick has been so good this weekend. He got himself overtired yesterday and had a meltdown before bed. But as soon as bedtime rolled around he went right to sleep. And he's been getting up an hour earlier than normal (which is still 7:30 so not too early) but I'm not sure why. But he wakes up happy and that's all I can ask for. We've kept ourselves busy but being in this big empty house all night is lonely! We're headed to my parents today for a while this afternoon. Hopefully that will break up the day. And I have to go to work tomorrow. I guess I'd better get busy doing housework. Apparently when I'm the only one here I don't feel the need to clean as much...so this house needs it!!!

No comments: