Wednesday, January 27, 2010

22 weeks old - 5 month update

I really can't believe it's been 22 weeks since birthed our sweet boy. Really? 22 weeks? Crazy!

Latest updates:
~ Food - still loves it. We've had peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, applesauce and peaches. So far all are a hit except the peas. They take a little work! We're trying squash this week. Hopefully it goes well.

~ Sleep - still going well. He naps 2-3 times a day (usually 2) for 30-45 minutes each. Although yesterday he shocked me and slept for 2 hours in the afternoon! He's pretty good about going to sleep around 7:30 and sleeping til 8 or 8:30 in the morning.

~ Nursing - going well. He has 1 or 2 bottles while I'm at work and then nurses 3-4 times before bed. So far I haven't had any issues with my supply. The only time I notice anything out of the ordinary is if I haven't had enough water to drink! So I'm working on keeping that up!

~ Schedule - still about the same. I have hopes it will stay this way for a while.

~ Weight - from what we can tell he hasn't really gained since his 4 month appointment. We have a follow up next week. I don't know what they'll do if he doesn't gain much or any weight. He eats fine, doesn't spit up that much and doesn't seem to have any diaper issues (i.e. diarrhea or the like). He seems like a healthy baby to us, so I'm hoping they'll just keep an eye on it.

In other comings and goings around our house, Daddy is headed to the PGA show in Orlando tomorrow. My first time at single parenthood. I took Friday off work, having lunch with a friend on Saturday and probably spending some time at my parents over the weekend. I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm a little nervous about being alone for 5 days with Patrick!! Wish me luck!
I am almost down to my pre pregnancy weight (which for the record was 10 pounds heaver than my pre TTC weight) so I have a ways to go. I kept hoping that nursing would help move that along but so far it doesn't seem to be. I'm trying to watch what I eat and cut out the crappy snacks that seem to sneak up in the afternoon. Maybe that will help. Along with getting my rear back in the gym! We're still debating the day care situation. Trying to figure out when we need it and how frequently. I think we'll have to make an appointment to discuss our needs and see what they say. To say I'm not looking forward to it would be an understatement!!! I hope to have it ironed out in the next month or so. And lastly I got my car back today!!! After almost 8 weeks in the shop after what I would consider a small fender bender, it's finally fixed and back in my garage! Now let's just keep it that way!!

Other than that we're all just anxiously awaiting some warm weather. We had a little tease over the weekend at almost 50*. I can't wait to go strolling through the neighborhood with Patrick, and throw open the windows and let the sunshine come flowing in!

No comments: