Tuesday, October 20, 2009

8 weeks old

And again another week gone by. Patrick is smiling more and more and seems to really enjoy the toys that hang from his play mat. He's starting to 'talk' more and more when he's playing too. I love hearing those little baby sounds! So sweet. Yesterday we went to the pumpkin patch. It was finally a nice day and I really wanted to at least get a picture of him with a pumpkin! Even though he won't remember or care, it's just something I wanted to do. And then we went to my moms to hang out for the afternoon. I'm still not great at taking Patrick out and about, I'm always worried he's going to have a breakdown or be hungry or something. I'm getting better, but not great. And now with all this hype about the swine flu, it makes me even less excited about taking him places! I went and got my flu shot today (my first ever) and am on the list to get a call when they get the swine flu shots in. I'm not against vaccines but I've never had a reason to get these until now. I can't imagine being sick with a baby....it would be a lot harder! Especially THAT sick! So for now, I'm in serious hand washing/sanitizing mode and trying to avoid any type of illness. Now that being said, Patrick has his 2 month doctor appointment in a week. I am going to do everything I can to keep him AWAY from all those germy little kids!

In other baby news (and I hope this doesn't jinx it for me), Patrick has been sleeping through the night for a week now. We had one night that he didn't want to go to sleep, but he still slept 8 hours. Other than that, he goes down between 9 and 10 and gets up between 7 and 8. I consider myself lucky, not sure if it's something we're doing or if he's just a good sleeper. I'm sure we'll have times where he does wake up, but for now, I'll take it. He isn't really napping during the day, so maybe when that changes his night time schedule will too.

I'm still in countdown mode to going back to work. And dreading it more and more each day! The people are still bat shit crazy and every time I hear a story about one, it makes me less and less excited about the idea of going back to them everyday. I'm trying really hard not to think about it. I still have 2 weeks to enjoy my sweet boy!!

No comments: