Sunday, October 25, 2009

2 months

Happy 2 month birthday sweet Patrick! It's been a great month! He has met some new friends, gone on a few outings to the park, pumpkin patch and grandmas house, had friends over to the house and received so many wonderful gifts. We had a great time at the pumpkin patch and really enjoyed the fall weather. We haven't had much of that this year. It's back to cold and rainy now. Patrick is growing bigger. We have 1 sleep 'n' play that is too small now. I'm sure there are more to follow soon! He is going back to the doctor on Tuesday for a check up and shots. I'm a little nervous to take him to the doctor because of the major outbreak of the flu here. Dozens of schools have been closed last week due to illness and I'm sure that doctors office is crawling with germs! We are still working on the sleeping/napping situation. For the most part he is sleeping through the night. He woke up one night, but he didn't even seem that hungry and wasn't really crying. So who knows what that was about. He has had a few nights that he doesn't want to go to sleep which is far more frustrating. I think it's because he's over tired. He doesn't like to nap and by the end of the day I think he's just tired. But last night was the worst. He cried and cried and I couldn't get him to settle down. So in the midst of him crying, I was crying and pleading with him...like that will help. But I think a momma breakdown was just what I needed. I'm not really the emotional type, but it had been building up. But he's napping better today, so that's a plus.
We booked our flights to Florida for Christmas last night. Another reason for my meltdown, but that's a different story. I'm excited to be going, but of course nervous. At least I know the place really well (we've been going there since I was 8). And it's a laid back vacation with my family. Spending most ever day at the beach or pool. I'm nervous about going out to dinner since the evening isn't our best time, but it's still 2 months away, so it could be different by then.
I've been looking into mommy and me swimming classes but we can't do them until he's 6 months old. So now I want to look for something else. I plan to work part time (which starts in a week and a half, boo!) in the morning. And I think most activities are in the morning. I'll probably start looking a little harder after the 1st of the year. Once I get an idea of how all this is going to go. And don't even get me started on going back to work. I'm already dreading it. I am dreading the people, being away from Patrick and being tired. Every aspect of it!! I'm sure there will be many posts about my dislike for work!
Well I had better take advantage of this new found nap time!!

No comments: