Tuesday, September 29, 2009

5 weeks old!

Another week gone by! I can't believe it. Our trip to CA has been great. I've managed to keep Patrick on MI bedtime, which makes dinner time tough around here. But I think it's a good idea to at least try! It will make going home a little easier! I however have not been staying on MI time, so I'm not getting near enough sleep. Although the little guy must have known because he slept great last night! It was fabulous!! I hope he keeps that up when we get home!! The daytime schedule is a little off though. He seems to be sleeping a little more during the day and I'm not sure what the reason is. But he seems happy and he's eating plenty, so it should be fine.

As far as developments, he has started focusing on our faces more, following my voice and watching me from wherever he's sitting. He's also following toys that we move slowly in front of his face. He doesn't follow them for long, but I think it's a good step. He's moving a ton, constantly kicking his legs and moving his arms. His eyes are finally opening really wide. Although I've noticed he only has tears coming out of his left eye. And it's also goopy (I know, not a medical term). If he's been crying, it's worse. It doesn't seem to bother him though. I am a little concerned that the right eye doesn't tear as much (if at all). That was the eye he kept closed most of the time for the first few weeks. I am debating calling the doctor. I might wait til we get home. For now we're just keeping it clean with warm water.

My sweet boy is getting so big. I can't wait for Dean to see him on Thursday. I bet he looks a lot bigger to him! And I know he misses his little boy! And he only has 1 more week of coaching, so hopefully he'll be able to hang out with us a little more after that!! I want to get as much family time in as I can before I have to go back to work!!!

No comments: