Thursday, September 10, 2009

2 week appointment

Patrick had his 2 week appointment yesterday. He did great! He's gained back his birth weight plus some. He's up to 8 pounds 15 oz and 20.75 inches long. Even his head grew and is 15.75cm around (in the 75-90th%...even though that means nothing). I was in the 90th% for height when I was a baby and I'm just under 5' tall. So I guess since he's gaining so well I can stop worrying so much that I'm not providing enough food for him. He's obviously eating pretty well. And all our concerns seemed normal to the doctor. He was great, I really liked him. Pretty laid back and took the time to listen to our questions and give real answers, not just blow us off! We go back in 6 weeks and Patrick will have to get some shots (boo!)

I also had my 2 week incision check yesterday. Everything looks fine. I got the ok to drive and (carefully) carry him upstairs. I haven't done it yet but will soon. I go back in a month.

We took Patrick to the golf course yesterday to show him off and we even ate lunch in a restaurant (a quick one, but still....our first outing). He did great. Slept the whole time!! He woke up about 2 minutes from home because he was hungry. Overall a great day! He's such a sweet baby (I'm a little biased!) and I love him more and more each day!!

Speaking of love, just want to throw it out there that Dean has been the best father and husband a girl could ask for these last 2 weeks. He's so kind and thoughtful towards both of us and I absolutely love him for it!!! He has made this transition so easy!! Don't know that I could do it without him!

No comments: