Tuesday, September 22, 2009

4 weeks

My time sure does fly!! My maternity leave is half over :( I wish insurance grew on trees so I could stay home!!! Little Patrick is growing and getting more active. He loves to kick his legs and flail his arms around. When he moves his legs it looks just like he's running. And he is really good at kicking his covers off at night, even breaking out of the swaddle!! He already hates his arms in, but apparently hates his legs in too. I'm just worried about him being too cold! He's making more noises that aren't crying sounds while he's awake. And he's starting to focus on our faces. He will follow my voice when I'm not holding him. It's so cute!! Every week he's changing and growing! It's so fun to watch!

On Thursday I'm taking Patrick to California. I can't believe I'm doing it, I'm nervous as could be about traveling. But I feel like I need to introduce him to my grandma before something happens to her. And I know it would mean a lot to her. And from what I've heard/read, it is actually a little easier at this age. They don't mind being held and I can carry him anywhere. Not like when he's 2 and won't want to sit in my lap and would rather be running through the airport rather than in a stroller. So I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. The time out there will be fun though!

Well, better get back to the laundry and packing!! Wish us luck this week!!

No comments: