Tuesday, September 15, 2009

3 weeks old

I can't believe 3 weeks ago I was just getting to the hospital with the anticipation of having our first child. I guess it doesn't really feel like 3 weeks because we've only been home for 2, but time is flying!! The days are starting to feel a little more 'normal' and don't go by quite as fast. Little Patrick has put himself on a decent schedule. He is up between 6:30 and 7 until about 10 when he eats again and then takes a good nap til 1 or 2. We're still working on the afternoon. He sort of naps on and off til 6 and this is probably why he gets so fussy in the evening. We don't have a very good feeding schedule after he gets up in the afternoon. But he then goes to bed for the night between 9 and 10 and sleeps til between 2 and 3. So I am feeling very lucky that my sweet boy sleeps so well at night and lets his momma get a good 4 hours at a time!!! SO LUCKY!! He's growing everyday. His eyes are open wider and he really looks at us now. He seems to follow us with his eyes every now and then. He seems to like us to read stories to him, but he does NOT like his mommas singing! I wouldn't either, but he really lets me know it!

So the things we need to start working on are the afternoon/evening feedings. He's still mostly sleeping in the living room. I need to remember to put him in his crib for naps so he can get used to it and hopefully start sleeping there overnight. This was my one must before we had him. I didn't want him to sleep anywhere but his crib. But the c-section put that on hold. I couldn't carry him up/down the stairs and I didn't want to be running up/down them all day/night either so we didn't have much of a choice. He doesn't seem to sleep as well up there, but hopefully that will change. I need to train myself to put him up there for his naps and he needs to learn to like it. And lastly, I need to start working on pumping more to build up more of a supply. I feel like I feed him a lot anyway, so to pump on top of that seems daunting. Some days it's easier than others, but for the most part, I hate it. But it's nice to have those bottles on hand for evening fussy time!!!

Well, I had better take advantage of nap time and get a shower and do some housework.

No comments: