Friday, April 25, 2008

YAY....Friday!

Well, Friday is finally here and the ultrasound and trigger shot are done! All that worrying for nothing. The shot didn't even hurt! Although the side effects might! The sheet the office gave said irritability, depression, fatigue, etc...I think this is a good reason to take the afternoon off!! I wish! I am figuring I didn't have any side effects from the Clomid, so I'm hoping I won't have any from this. But the trigger shot is pregnancy hormone, so I guess this will be a good indication of what I might be like in a few weeks! (hopefully!!). All this stuff wasn't hard, but it will get real expensive real quick. The shot alone was $43, the ultrasound will be a lot I'm sure. They bill the insurance and then I have to pay whatever they don't. Which they don't cover any of it! Oh well. I am hoping and praying this will be the one!
Anyway, the ultrasound wasn't as bad as I thought either. The wand was long, but not as thick as I expected. Dean thought he was going to pass out...another indication of times to come:-) But he did fine. The pictures didn't show us much, just a black fuzz, but the u/s tech saw 1 follicle on the right side that measured 21mm x 18mm which is a good size. She said she didn't see any on the left. So Dean now thinks he has to aim for the right...pretty funny. I'm so glad they found something , I was worried there would be nothing. So now we have our instructions and hope for the best!!!
The nurse said I can test in 16 days...holy cow that's a long time! I'm tempted to test now though just to see a positive test. Sick I know!
Ok, here's to baby making and patience!

No comments: